Terms and Conditions
By signing up on the 1-1 Tutoring program with Study Mind (“Program”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Study Mind reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time however will inform the client if so.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your enrolment.
Data Protection and Privacy
n respect of any Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “1998 Act”)) processed by Study Mind and the Tutor pursuant to these Client Terms, both parties warrant that they shall comply and will continue to comply with the Data Protection Legislation and any regulations made thereunder (including but not limited to the Data Protection Principles, as defined in the Data Protection Legislation).
1. Fees and Payment
- Study Mind acts as agents on behalf of the tutor (Tutor) and will introduce the Tutor to the student (Student).
- The billing process will be under the control of Study Mind, who shall send an invoice to the Student based on lesson logs submitted by the Tutor. The Student should ensure that timesheets are checked. The timesheets are emailed to the Student, and accessible via an online booking system.
- Payments must be made to Study Mind within 10 days of the invoice.
- Payments must not be made directly to the Tutor at any time.
The Client is not permitted to make private arrangements for tuition with a Tutor introduced by Study Mind. Should a Client breach this obligation, they will be liable to account to Study Mind for all sums paid to the Tutor without deduction and Study Mind shall be entitled to obtain an injunction against the Client to prevent further breaches. This obligation shall continue notwithstanding termination of this agreement.
Study Mind have no liability in respect of any arrangement you may choose to enter at your discretion with a Tutor. Our liability to you under the Contract is limited to the fees that you pay to us in respect of those services, although we do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or for any other liability that cannot be legally excluded or limited. We will not be liable for any failure to provide services where we are prevented from doing so by an event outside of our reasonable control.
4. Cancellation Policy
- If the Student wishes to cancel a lesson, they must do so no less than 24 hours in advance with the Tutor. Any lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will normally be charged at their normal rate.
- If a Student attends a lesson more than 15 minutes late, the lesson may be ended by the Tutor at their discretion.
- If a Tutor wishes to cancel a lesson, the Student will be able to rearrange the session and no hour credits will be used.
5. Tutoring Credits
- In a situation where the Student is dissatisfied with the Tutor introduced, Study Mind will not take payment for the first lesson as per the “Study Mind Satisfaction Guarantee”. This policy can be invoked if
- The tuition is not ongoing beyond the first lesson
- The reasons for dissatisfaction are deemed reasonable
- The student informs Study Mind within 60 days of the session taking place.
- For advance bookings of tuition, the hours are valid for a period of 6 months after the initial booking. These hours can be extended by a further 3 months for £30, 6 months for £60 and 12 months for £100. The hours should be used with one individual tutor, however Study Mind may help to organise a substitute or additional Tutor based on the individual circumstances, and with the permission of the primary Tutor.
- In the event that a tutor becomes unavailable, for example due to illness, Study Mind may be asked, with the permission of the primary Tutor, to aid in re-allocating another Tutor.
- Study Mind Tutoring Credits are non-refundable. This is because a number of factors are taken into consideration including scheduling, tutor availability and more. As an exception, Study Mind may opt to offer a refund of up to 25% of the full fees paid.
6. Ethical Practice
- Study Mind may investigate any disputes from either the Student or Tutor with respect to lessons, scheduling, safeguarding, privacy or any other matter.
- Tutors and Students are expected to be professional, prompt with time and held to Study Mind's standard of conduct. Study Mind reserves the right to terminate tuition if inappropriate behaviour has occurred, including but not limited to safeguarding breaches, plagiarism, and unethical practices.
- By commencing tuition, students are agreeing to Study Mind 's full safeguarding policy.
- Study Mind reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions. Study Mind will, however, notify the Client in writing of any changes.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a Director of Study Mind these terms and conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or conditions put forward by the Student.
- No variation or alteration of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a Director of Study Mind.
We keep our statement under regular review. This statement was last updated on 22nd December 2022.